As a private club, the RFTC is proud of its history and traditions. The Club celebrates the fellowship of neighbors and friends, across many generations and over time, through participation in family-oriented, athletic and social activities that are supported by the collaborative work of its members. For well over a century, the RFTC has thrived on this legacy. The Club welcomes new members who embrace these core values.
The River Forest Tennis Club depends on its current members who value the self-directed, working tradition of the Club to foster the growth of its membership. As such, application to and membership in the RFTC is at the invitation of current members who wish to sponsor applicants.
The River Forest Tennis Club offers active family memberships as well as single-season tennis/ swimming memberships.
Active Family Memberships
Family memberships are designed for families and include full use of the club and participation in all social events. Two classifications of full membership are available to new members:
- Active Family Membership is available to applicant couples who are over 21 prior to April 1st of the application year.
- Junior Active Family Membership is available to applicant couples in which one of the applicants is between 21 and 31 years of age prior to April 1 of the application year. When the age-qualifying member of the couple reaches 34, the couple is asked to “fly up,” joining another new member class and repeating the new member experience that season.
Current member sponsors are invited to propose Family membership applicants to the Board once a year. In late January or early February, the Club hosts a Winter Party where current members may bring guests as prospective applicants for full membership to the Club. This social event is a friendly way for those interested in membership to become familiar with the RFTC. In April, applicants for family membership meet the Board of Directors personally so the Board can get to know the prospective members. In mid-April, the Board of Directors approves the season’s new members.
New members to the Club become part of the season’s “New Member Class.” New members are expected to attend Opening Night in mid-May and all Club events throughout the season, including Saturday evening dinners. The New Members co-host several pre-dinner parties for the membership during the season to help members get to know the new class. Also, the New Member Class puts on a special show in September. The new member experience has proven to cement lifelong friendships among members of the class, and is a valued RFTC tradition.
SINGLE SEASON MEMBERSHIPS
Single-season memberships for individuals interested in seasonal tennis and swimming privileges (May-October) are available as follows:
- Adult Privilege Holder is available for an individual who is 18 years or older as of April 1st of the year he/she applies and not enrolled in high school or college. An Adult Privilege Holder has full use of the courts and pool.
- Youth Privilege Holder is designed for youth who wish to play tennis and swim at the RFTC. A Youth Privilege Holder has access to the courts until 4:30 pm and general access to the pool, and can take advantage of RFTC’s Junior Development and Swim Team (additional fees may apply). “Youth” is defined as someone who:
• has completed the fourth grade, or has attained 10 years of age prior to April 1st of the year of application; or
• is under 18 years of age on April 1st, or a full time high school student regardless of age; or
• is under 26 years of age on April 1st and a full time college or graduate school student
Seasonal Privilege Holder applications must include references from current sponsors and be approved by the Board of Directors. Applications are accepted through Spring.Download Adult Privilege Holder Application Download Youth Privilege Holder Application
For more information about the membership application process in general, please contact the Club Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org.