GROUP SWIM LESSONS
Lessons start at 8 am and run every 30 minutes ending at 10:30am. RFTC offers three different lesson options available at each of the time slots and they are as follows:
- Group lessons are geared towards swimmers between the ages of 3 - 10+. Strokes are introduced in age appropriate lessons building on what each swimmer already may or may not know. The class has a 1:4 teacher student ratio. The teacher is able to individualize the lesson to accommodate the swimmer’s needs. Students are grouped based on age to help foster social emotional growth with their peers. These classes are 30 mins. Non-members $95 per swimmer, members $75 per swimmer.
- Endurance class is for the more advanced swimmers in need of some stroke development while increasing their swimming endurance. During the 30 minute class, students will be swimming back and forth (sets) in each of the 4 strokes. This class is our highest level swim class for those that are ready to increase their stamina. These classes are 30 minutes. Non-members $95 per swimmer, members $75 per swimmer.
- Water orientation lessons are for children under the age of 3 who have had limited experience with lessons. This is a 15 minute lesson and will have a 1:1 instructor student ratio. The swimmer will be introduced to swimming skills and water safety. Non-members $55 per swimmer, members $45 per swimmer.
Group Swim Lesson Registration will open on March 27, 2023
Swim Lessons will be offered:
Week 1 - June 19 - June 23
Week 2 - June 26 - June 30
Week 3 - July 10 - July 14
Week 4 - July 17 - July 21
Week 5 - July 24 - July 28
Group Swim Lesson FAQ's
1. Does my swimmer need to wear a cover up at all times? Yes, all guests are expected to wear cover ups while on the River Forest Tennis Club property.
2. Are towels, sunscreen and goggles provided? Goggles are available but not guaranteed. Sunscreen and Towels are NOT provided.
3. Where can I park? Parking is available on Oak Ave. or Quick Ave.
4. Can I get a refund? Group lesson refunds will not be issued after May 15, 2023.
Questions? - ask Courtney - email@example.com!
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS - SEE YOU IN 2023!
Private swim lessons for members and non-members are available starting in May 2023!
We have a variety of instructors that range from 1 year to 5+ years experience. The price per half hour reflects the instructor's experience. The private lesson fee per half hour are stated below:
- Instructors with 1-2 years experience - Member rate $35/half hour - Non-Member rate $45/half hour
- Instructors with 3-4 years experience - Member rate $38/half hour - Non-Member rate $48/half hour
- Instructors with 5+ years experience - Member rate $42/half hour - Non-member rate $52/half hour
Semi private lessons are available and there is a $5 charge for each additional swimmer. Lessons are coordinated with Courtney Mooney, please fill out this private lesson form to get them set up!